Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Blending In

One of my biggest challenges so far has been assimilating into regular, gluten-filled culture and not sticking ot like a sore thumb when I go out to eat. So far, I've successfully eaten out at In N Out (bless them!) and BJs Restaurant & Brewery with no issues. I've UNsuccessfully eaten at Pizza Fusion, but that's a whole other topic and post.

It can be quite a challenge to get things so under control, to know the gluten free options so well that no one would ever guess that you couldn't eat it. I was out to lunch with some out of town clients and they were telling me of a friend of theirs who is gluten free and she's been gluten free for so long that unless you already knew, you'd have no idea! She just blends in so well and knows her stuff because she's been doing it so long that no one takes a second glance. I want to be like that! I know it will come with time, patience and experience, but gosh darn it, I want to be an expert now! lol

Does anyone else feel overwhelmed with trying to fit in like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment