Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mexican food and the candy sitting on my desk

As I sat at my parents' kitchen table on Tuesday for my brother's birthday dinner I found myself jealous....and a little angry. Apparently anger is one of the 5 stages of grief. And boy am I ever grieving about my lost food. I can't say how badly I wanted to chomp into the burrito sitting across from me while on my plate lay a skimpy home made bean and cheese burrito on a white corn tortilla. Not the same, I tell you. Not the same.

Fast forward to today and my boss dropping a huge box of fundraiser candy on my desk just waiting for people to purchase and consume. Aside from the fact that they cost money I don't have/want to spend, I got to thinking about how not being able to eat them was actually a blessing. I'm not able to put that nasty high fructose corn syrup-filled, sugar laden, calorie packed junk in my body thanks to being gluten free. Sure, there's tons of gluten free food that is bad for you, but that's not in my immediate circle right now and this candy is.

All of a sudden I'm happy to be gluten free. All it takes is a simple change in attitude! :)

Does anyone else have any similar stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment