Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Foodsavers are awesome!



FoodSavers. Are. Awesome.

Half of my battles in being gluten free are because of the huge batch sizes of the really good recipes I keep finding. I just can't eat that much food all on my own. Luckily, I remembered I had a little-used FoodSaver sitting in my cabinet. DUH!

I broke it out this weekend after buying 8 chicken breasts when Henry's had a sale on some organic chicken. It's awesome. I froze most of the breasts individually, but froze some in pairs for larger recipes. No freezer burn, and it lasts months longer than if I had just placed them in a Ziplock. Buying bulk is the way to go if you like saving money over the long run and the FoodSaver is helping me do that. Totally worth the purchase price!

No comments:

Post a Comment