Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Review: Glutino Apple & Cinnamon Cereal



Almost every morning I eat cereal and milk for breakfast. Exotic, I know. But its quick, easy and usually nutritious and filling.

When I went gluten free, much like with the Mexican food, I freaked out a little bit, wondering what on earth I was going to eat for breakfast on those days when I hit the snooze button on my alarm one too many times and needed something quick.

Enter gluten free cereals.

Some cereals (Rice Chex, Corn Chex, etc) are gluten free anyways, but there are some special gluten free cereals on the market, like this Apple & Cinnamon variety by Glutino.

It looks (and tastes) pretty much like apple cinnamon Cheerios, with one caveat:that gluten free aftertaste I've discovered so many of these kinds of things have. Plus, they're a little sticky. When you chew them they kind of get stuck to your teeth and you need a big gulp of milk to loosen them.

All in all though, they're pretty good and I'd definitely buy them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment